What dog foods and food ingredients should you avoid feeding my dog?
Are you concerned about the health of your dog? I compiled a list of 10 foods and ingredients which you should not feed your dog.
1. You should not give chocolate to your puppy because it contains the alkaloid theobromine, caffeine which is toxic to dogs.
2.. Dog’s digestive system can not digest the protein and sugar in dairy products. Hence you should not feed dairy products like milk, cream, butter, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, whey, sour cream, kefir, casein, and ice cream.
3. Dogs are very sensitive to oils so always avoid the same. Even you should be extra careful before you apply oil to dog for aromatherapy or massage.
4. There is a recent report regarding toxicity due to grape and raisin ingestion so avoid them.
5. Some houseplants are toxic so you should avoid houseplants till you train your dog properly on chewing. If you like, you can provide a pot of fresh wheatgrass for safe nibbling.
6. You should avoid onions and Garlic because they may also irritate the gastrointestinal system.
7. Salmon poisoning is an infectious disease caused by a rickettsia that uses a parasitic fluke on salmon as a host. It can cause serious illness and death.
8. Soy contains compounds that may harmfully affect dogs by interfering with nutrient absorption, normal growth, thyroid function, and hormonal development.
9. Sugar comes in many forms, including beet, raw, brown, cane, fructose, corn sweetener, corn syrupdextrin, dextrose, glucose, lactose, maltose, barley malt, molasses, honey, and maple syrup. Sugar in any form should be avoided.
10. Most dogs can not tolerate Yeast. Yeast should be avoided because tey cause allergic reactions, bloating, digestive and urinary problems.
Commercial dog food you can use?
Preparing dog food is not the simplest of solution because the nutrition needs for puppies and dogs are quite different from ours. The most recommended solution is to find a dog food that contains only human-grade, natural ingredients.
Flint River Ranch offers dog food that is prepared under controlled conditions, resulting in a food that is easily digested, and has a high degree of absorption of vital vitamins and minerals. Flint River Ranch dog food is a premium quality pet food that your dog will love and keep them healthy.